In this article we will teach you how to draw a Unicorn in several different ways. We'll start with the easiest versions and then we'll gradually increase the difficulty. Get out your Unicorn Kit, your notebook and your pencils, and let's go ! ✏
1) How to Draw a Unicorn Easily ?
We start with the warm-up by learning how to draw a unicorn in an easy version, step by step ! Everything starts with the dollar sign.
In all the drawings, each new stroke will be indicated by the colour red.
1) Draw a "$" sign.
2) Draw a line from the top to make the horn. Then draw a line a little bit in the shape of "?" to make the front of the head.
3) Draw a "C" shaped line behind the head.
4) Draw two ovals to make the eyes.
5) Draws two ears in the shape of leaves
6) Draw the fringe by making a kind of "W" . Also draw a curved line for the hair.
7) Draw a "C" shape for the hindquarters and another curved line to complete the hair.
8) Draw a line to start making the legs and a "?" to make the tail.
9) Draw an "L" on the side and a line to finish the legs.
10) Make like an "S" on the edge to finish the tail, and two little rows to build the hooves.
11) This is the result.
12) Last step : colour the unicorn ! You can do as on this drawing or get inspiration from other Unicorn Colourings.
And that's the job !
2) How to Draw an Emoji Unicorn ?
Emojis are small drawings that are included in messages or emails to communicate an emotion. The unicorn emoji that we will learn to draw here in 10 steps appeared in 2015. It has since been used to represent the mythical animal, fantasy and fantastic dreams. Are you ready ? Here we go !
1) Start by drawing the front of the unicorn's head with a curved line (a bit U-shaped, leaning to the right).
2) Draw a band on the muzzle, and a small "C" downwards to make the nostril. Draw two slanted lines around the unicorn's eyes. Then, draw three successively smaller circles inside the eye. You can then see the pupil and a small white reflection on the pupil.
3) Draw the horn in the shape of a slightly rounded triangle. Trace inside the diagonal lines, which will give it the appearance of a spiral. Then trace the ears with two curved lines that form a kind of triangle without a base. Finally, trace two smaller curved lines to make the inside of the ears.
4) Start drawing two strands of mane. For each one, draw two curved lines that meet at the end.
5) Continue to draw the mane. Draw long curved lines that swirl before coming together at the end.
6) Draw another long curved line to attach another strand to the mane. This will give it more thickness.
7) Make a wick in the front of the head. To achieve this, draw two lines that connect in a circle over the forehead.
8) Draw two more strands of hair on the back of the head.
9) Fill the remaining space with a few more strands.
10) The drawing is finished, you can now colour in the emoji ! In general, the coat is white, but the horn and mane may vary. For example, you can make a rainbow mane and a golden horn. Or you can make a white horn and a pink mane. Anything is possible, so let your imagination run wild !
3) How to Draw a Kawaii Unicorn ?
We're going to finish this tutorial with the great classic : the kawaii unicorn, which you can for example find as a unicorn plush !
1) Start by drawing the head of the unicorn. You can simply make a U shape or be a little more precise, depending on what you prefer.
2) Draw the details of the head : closed eye, muzzle and one ear. The ear should be a little out of line with the head.
3) Let's start drawing the mane. Draw a part of it between the head and the ear. We're going to do it in several parts, which will make the kawaii unicorn even more magical when colouring !
4) Draw the neck and continue to draw the mane as usual, drawing curved lines that meet each other.
5) Draw the first two legs. For the first one, draw a sort of elongated "U" starting from the neck, which goes down and then up under the mane. Do the same for the second leg, shifted to the right, this time a little "twisted" to the right. Complete with small strokes to make the hooves.
6) We continue with the belly and the back. Draw a line between the legs, then a sort of "J" that joins the mane and the right leg.
7) Make the other two legs offset to the left of the first two in exactly the same way.
8) Trace the tail : Make two lines starting from the buttocks and joining at about the middle of the legs.
9) Finally, transform this horse into a unicorn by adding the horn : draw two lines that form a triangle from the forehead. Then, add some details on the tail by drawing curved lines starting from the buttocks.
10) And now, the final touch: colour the unicorn ! As usual, no strict rules : use your imagination. A good option is to colour the tail and mane in rainbow colours and make a golden horn.
If you have managed to draw all these unicorns easily, or if you have a good level of drawing, you can also watch how to draw a unicorn girl ! Much more difficult, but worth the effort ! And if you want to discover a completely different style, take a look at our top 30 pixel art unicorn. Completely different but just as great !
These little unicorns are pretty and cute but they won't be able to decorate your whole house ! That's why you will find in our shop full of unicorn paintings representing unicorns from the most kawaii to the most realistic. You will surely find one you like 😉.